General terms and conditions of E-Woodproducts.com, part of the company name BV E-Products Europe, located in Ghent (Patijntjestraat 107).
Version valid from 18-09-2023
1. Prices and payment
- All our prices are net, including VAT and expressed in Euros, excluding delivery and installation costs.
- Payment upon delivery is always made in advance a) by bank transfer, or b) online via b) I-DEAL or BANCONTACT.
- The customer is always informed in writing, by telephone and/or by e-mail about the status of goods ordered or to be delivered.
- All shipping rates are valid in Belgium and the Netherlands. E-Products Europe BV reserves the right to refuse delivery based on order size and/or geographical location.
- Unloading of the goods only takes place on the ground floor next to our van or trailer. The customer helps the driver to put the product in the right place.
- The delivered goods remain the property of E-Products BV at all times as long as they have not been paid for.
- The stated delivery times are approximate delivery times. The customer has the right to terminate the agreement if the delivery time exceeds 30 days.
- When signing the delivery note, you agree to the good quality of the delivered goods. If you do not agree with the quality, you can note this on the delivery note, after which we will resolve the matter as soon as possible.
- The customer will receive the invoice, either in writing or by e-mail, within 10 working days.
- E-Products Europe BV guarantees the quality of the products it supplies for 2 years, from the date of delivery to the end user (proof of purchase with date required), against manufacturing, material or construction defects.
- Exceptions are:
- Defects caused by improper assembly or placement;
- Normal wear and tear;
- Defects caused by incorrect or negligent maintenance;
- Defects caused by misuse or vandalism;
- Repairs carried out by third parties;
- changes made to the product by the customer
5. Damage or missing pieces
- The customer has up to 48 hours after delivery to report any damage or missing pieces to E-Products Europe BV. The latter will provide the necessary replacement parts and deliver them to the customer at his own expense.
- E-Products Europe BV is only liable for damage to the goods if it delivers to the customer under its own management. Transport by the customer himself or by third parties on behalf of the customer is at his own risk. All goods are thoroughly inspected by E-Products Europe BV before each transport.
- E-Products Europe BV cannot be held liable if injury occurs due to incorrect use of the purchased goods
- Shipping costs associated with returning a product are borne by the customer.
6. Refund Policy
- You have the right to let us know that you are canceling your purchase when ordering. Without reason and without costs, within 14 days. The period of 14 calendar days allows you to assess and inspect the purchased item as in a store. During that time, you must handle the purchased item with due care. You may only unpack the item to the extent necessary to exercise your right of inspection.
- If you exercise your right of withdrawal, the product will be returned to the entrepreneur with all accessories supplied and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging.
- If the product is damaged or the packaging is damaged more than is necessary to try the product, we can pass on this depreciation of the product to you. So handle the product with care and ensure that it is properly packaged when returned.
- You have the right to cancel your order up to 14 days after receipt without giving any reason. After cancellation you have another 14 days to return your product. You will then be credited with the full order amount including shipping costs. This will happen no later than 14 days after cancellation. Only the costs for returning from your home to our online store are at your own expense.
- You can send this to our address: BV E-Products Europe, Hannaerden 1A, 9280 Lebbeke.
- Please pack the product in cardboard. After we have received the product back, we will refund your money within a period of 5 working days. Send us your IBAN number by email (contact ad e-woodproducts dot be).
- We can also collect your order from you ourselves. We use a standard rate of 50 euros (VAT excl.) for one product. A surcharge of 15 euros (excl. VAT) is charged per additional product.
8. Billing Terms
Invoices are payable on the stated due date to the bank account of E-Products Europe BV, as stated on the invoice. If the invoice is not paid on the due date, conventional and default interest is due by operation of law and without any notice of default, at the interest rate determined in Article 5 of the Act of 02/08/2002 on Combating Payment Arrears.
Any late payment by the customer also gives E-Products Europe BV the right to charge a lump sum compensation of 15% of the invoice amounts, with a minimum of EUR 40 and a maximum of EUR 2,500, to cover the administrative costs from E-Products Europe BV.
All costs resulting from enforcing payment through amicable and judicial means, including bailiffs and attorneys' fees (legal costs), will be charged to the customer. Failure to pay one invoice by the due date automatically makes all outstanding invoices due, regardless of their due date.
9. Retention of title
All goods remain the property of E-Products Europe BV and are due and payable until full payment of the invoice has been paid by the buyer.
In the event of a dispute, only the courts of Ghent have jurisdiction.
- The customer acknowledges that he has viewed the general terms and conditions when placing the order.
- E-Products Europe BV reserves the right to refuse the order for any reason. In this case, the total purchase amount will be refunded to the customer.
11. European ODR platform for complaints
It can always happen that something doesn't go exactly as planned. We recommend that you first report any complaints to us by emailing email@example.com. If this does not lead to a solution, it is possible to register your dispute for mediation via Stichting WebwinkelKeur via https://www.webwinkelkeur.nl/kennisbank/consumenten/geschil .
From February 15, 2016, consumers in the EU will also be able to register complaints via the European Commission's ODR platform. This ODR platform can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr . If your complaint is not yet being processed elsewhere, you are free to file your complaint via the European Union platform."
You can find your personalized general terms and conditions by logging in to the WWK Dashboard > Extra services > Document templates
12. Characteristics of wood and maintenance
Wood is a natural product , it lives, it moves. Wood is not plastic or metal, and therefore has different properties. In addition, every tree, every plank
otherwise. This ensures that you will receive a unique product .
Wood protects against heat and noise, is strong yet elastic, easy to work with, and so on.
Anyone who knows wood, certainly takes the following properties into account. These should not be a reason to reject the wood or to file a complaint.
The characteristics of wood:
Knots and veins
Wood is pure nature. This includes knots, annual rings and paints. Depending on the species and age, they can have different shapes. Knots that have grown to the wood are not considered lower quality in the garden wood industry.
Green spots may sometimes be visible. This is a natural phenomenon because the impregnating agent reacts with the resin in the wood. If the wood is exposed to sunlight, this green appearance will disappear.
Stains and blue-green algae (fungi)
This may occur because the products have not been stored under the correct conditions (namely a humidity higher than 18 percent). This can be easily solved by wiping the mold with a dry cloth. We have noticed that impregnated wood is now resistant to mold formation.
The wood discolors due to the effects of sunlight. After the wood has been impregnated, it often has a green appearance. If the wood is then exposed to sunlight, the wood will take on its natural color. However, over time the wood will lose its natural color and become gray (see last photo).
Warping of wood
It is possible for wood to warp. This is a normal phenomenon and cannot be avoided 100%. The longer the plank, the greater the chance of this phenomenon.
Cracks and splitting
Wood is a natural product. Because it is organic, it is strongly influenced by the area she is in. The wood always wants to be in balance with its natural environment. A piece of wood will always expand and contract during different seasons as a result of the relative humidity. So the cracks and splits are very normal, and are because the wood works... it expands and contracts.
Resin comes from the wood
Very occasionally you are confronted with a resin spot in one of the planks. This is unfortunately unavoidable because this is a property of wood.
Resin is very sticky. You can remove the resin by letting it dry and cutting it away with a sharp knife.
Treatment of wood.
The vast majority of wood products offered are impregnated. On each product sheet you can read whether the product is impregnated or not. If a product is impregnated, this means that the wood has been treated against rot, fungi and insects. We recommend that all purchased garden furniture, even if it has been treated (impregnated), be additionally treated with wood oil to increase the durability of the product.
You can leave this wooden garden furniture (*except for the beer benches and beer tables) outside all year round. Over time, the wood will discolour due to weather conditions and UV light. The wood will turn a light shade of gray. Due to the natural action of wood, it will expand and contract, which can cause play in the construction of the table or bench. We recommend screwing your garden furniture back together after the winter period.
(*) The beer tables and beer benches are not impregnated, but are double lacquered. If you wish to maintain their original condition, we recommend not leaving these products outside. If you do, they will start to weather.